Naturopaths can order blood work, urine analysis and salivary testing. The following list is a subset of tests we have access to.
• Standard blood tests- CBC, TSH, ferritin, liver panel, kidney panel, cholesterol panel, etc…
• Food sensitivity testing- blood test either via blood draw or
finger prick. Tests your bloods reactivity to a set number of foods to detect if you have any food sensitivities.
• EVA testing- food and environmental allergen testing. Tests are performed by pressing a probe on acupuncture and mol meridians to assess organ function. Different foods and environmental components are tested against to assess any sensitivities.
• Salivary testing- can assess female, male and stress hormone levels.
• Urine testing- recent exposure to toxic metals
• CDSA- stool analysis to determine if you have parasites and if
you are digesting your food properly
Tests are not covered by OHIP. Naturopaths are not able to order MRIs, CTs or ultrasounds. In instances where these test are required we would work with your MD to get a referral.